Episode 89 The risen Christ within us
The symbol of Christianity is the Cross. Is that what it should be? Christ was crucified, but today He is alive. The Cross was necessary, but the empty tomb is the uniqueness of Christianity. It is the risen Christ in us that is the “Hope of Glory.” The Cross of Christ was the turning point in human history. Without the sacrifice of God in Christ, we would have no way that our past sins could be forgiven. While we were without hope, Christ died for us. But if Christ had remained in the grave, our faith would be futile and we would still be in sin. Many religions of the world can show you the tomb of their founder, but only Christianity has an empty tomb. Our hope is because Christ has risen from the dead, and the resurrected Christ in us is our hope of glory.
• The problem of mankind is death, not just sin (Rom. 5:12-14)
• The answer to death is not law but life.
• The gospel is based on Calvary, but our hope is in a living Christ (I Cor. 15)
• It is this living Christ within us that is our strength (Col. 1:24-29)
• Christ dwells within us by faith (Eph. 3:17)
Some excellent ministry pertaining to the resurrection of Christ
• Additional resources at http://www.ntchurchsource.com/
• Theme song “Will Your Anchor Hold” sung by J. Ashley Milne
• Comments and questions welcome. Email David@AnchorOfTruth.com