Episode 132 Building on the foundation by Revelation of Christ
Paul said he laid Christ as the foundation of God’s building. To build properly on that foundation we must also build according to Christ. To do this we must have supernatural revelation of Christ from God. How do we get this revelation? The building of God is all spiritual. It cannot be done with natural understanding. This leaves us on our knees before God for spiritual insight that only He can give. Within that revelation of Christ is the light we need to walk in to be effective in our labor for God’s purpose and glory.
- The foundation is a true relationship with God (Eph. 1:15)
- We are dependent on God (Eph. 1:16-17)
- In this relationship with God (union and communion)
- We see God’s hope (eternal goal--Eph. 1:18)
- God’s final inheritance in those whom He has redeemed)
- The power of God to accomplish His purpose (Eph. 1:19-21)
- The vessel in which He is working His eternal purpose is the church (Eph. 1:22)
- God’s purpose is to reveal Himself through the Body of Christ (Eph. 1:23)
- Our part for God to be able to impart this revelations is:
- Acknowledging our utter dependence on God for all things (John 15:5)
- Willing to pay the price (Rev. 3:18)
- Obedience to what God has revealed to us (John 14:19-21)
- God wants to reveal Christ to us. Are we hungry for that revelation?