Jun 1, 2017
Episode 80 Is Christianity a Legal System or a Spiritual Movement from Heaven
Is Christianity a legal system on the earth or is it a spiritual movement from heaven? Or to put the question in other words, is what we see in the world that is called “Christianity” what God desires? If not, why not and how do we deal with that? The question that we pose is a very critical question for us. How does God view what we call “Christianity”? To answer this question, I want to share with us some ministry given some years ago by T. Austin-Sparks in a gathering in Manila, Philippines. It was given in some morning meetings in February 1964. At that point, Sparks was an older man and near the end of His time of ministry. I think the insight God gave him can be very helpful to us in answering this all important question. The transcript from the ministry is available on the Sparks web site (link below) so the reading is from that.
Meeting 27—Is Christianity a Legal System on the Earth, or is it a Spiritual Movement From Heaven?
T. Austin-Sparks, February 25, 1964 A.M.
Some Key points:
• Judaism was a very strong religious system
• Paul was a chosen vessel of God to introduce Christ into this context
• Paul faced a very strong battle with Judaism the moment Christ revealed Himself
• The true nature of Christianity was put to a very severe test in the early church
• The controversy that began in that day has continued down to us today
• It is possible for us to be bound by a legal religious system called “Christianity”
• The true Gospel brings us into liberty in Christ
• Additional resources at http://www.ntchurchsource.com/
• Theme song “Will Your Anchor Hold” sung by J. Ashley Milne
• Comments and questions welcome. Email David@AnchorOfTruth.com